Greetings, Vintage HQ fans! Although a new work week has officially arrived for many of you we’ve rounded up plenty of escapism options for vintage lovers this week! We want to make sure our readers are in the know about “can’t miss” events around the United States so get ready to mark your calendars because here’s who made the list!
- Dec 12, 2018 – Classic Christmas movie White Christmas (1954) will be showing at select theaters nationwide as part of Fathom Events and Turner Classic Movies‘ “TCM Big Screen Classics.” After serving in WWII Bob Wallace (Bing Crosby) and Phil Davis (Danny Kaye) team up to become a song-and-dance act. They meet the Haynes sisters, Betty (Rosemary Clooney) and Judy (Vera-Ellen), who also have an act and when the sisters travel to a Vermont lodge to perform a Christmas show, Wallace and Davis follow. A series of romantic mix-ups ensue as the performers try to help the lodge owner who turns out to be someone from the past. Check website to see if it will be showing at a theater near you! www.fathomevents.com/series/tcm-big-screen-classics
- Dec 16, 2018 – Modern classic Christmas movie National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation (1989) starring Chevy Chase, Beverly D’Angelo, Randy Quaid and Julia Louis-Dreyfus will be showing at select theaters nationwide for two days only (Dec 16th, Dec 19th)! Clark Griswold (Chase) is determined to a have a “good old-fashioned family Christmas.’’ But Cousin Eddie (Quaid) and a house full of wacky relatives don’t make it easy. Check website to see if it will be showing at a theater near you! www.flashbackcinema.net
- Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays in Bremen Hamby Mill Flea Market and Antiques is the place to be! With two huge buildings and around 80 vendors selling anything from antiques and collectibles to newer items there’s something for everyone! 465 County Road 30, Bremen, AL 35033, (256) 287-2255 www.facebook.com/hambymill.
- Saturdays and Sundays in Mobile head over to Flea Market Mobile! Here you’ll find over 800 booths featuring everything from antiques and collectibles to new items and everything in between! Here, the hunt for treasures is half the fun! You never know what you’re going to find! 401 Schillinger Rd North, Mobile, AL 36608 www.fleamarketmobile.com.
- Open Saturdays and Sundays is the I-59 Flea Market Mall full of treasures! 11925 Hwy 117, Hammondville, Alabama 35989, (256) 635-6899 www.facebook.com/I59FleaMarketMall.
- Every Saturday and Sunday you can visit the Galaxy Flea Market! Vendors bring such a variety and you’ll find antiques, glassware, toys, jewelry, books, dolls, purses and much, much more! 9048 East 2nd St, Leighton, AL 35646, (256) 446-5614 www.facebook.com/TheGalaxyFleaMarket.
- Nov 23 – Dec 23, 2018 – The 36th Great Dickens Christmas Fair & Victorian Holiday Party is back for 2018! Running through Dec 23 this magical event gives you a chance to travel through “the winding lanes of Victorian London and immerse yourself in a world of music halls, theatres, pubs, dance parties, and charming shops overflowing with hand-made holiday treasures. Enticing aromas of roasted chestnuts and hearty foods fill the air. Discover holiday revelry in this lamp-lit city brimming with over 800 lively and colorful characters from the imagination of Charles Dickens, the pages of history, and the sometimes saucy world of the Victorian stage.” 2600 Geneva Ave, Daly City, CA 94014 www.dickensfair.com.
- Dec 12, 2018 – The Lady From Shanghai (1947) starring Rita Hayworth and Orson Welles will be playing at the historic Castro Theatre (circa 1922) in San Francisco. Orson Welles wrote, directed, produced, and starred in this one-of-a-kind ﬁlm noir about an Irish sailor who accompanies a beautiful woman and her corrupt husband (Rita Hayworth and Everett Sloane) on a yacht cruise from New York to San Francisco, only to become a pawn in a deadly game of cat-and-mouse. Initially regarded as a failure, praise has since been lavished on Welles’s uncommon vision, which culminates with the most elaborately staged of all film noir finales—the famous shootout in the hall of mirrors. Castro Theatre, 429 Castro St, San Francisco, CA, (415) 621-6120 www.castrotheatre.com
- Dec 12, 2018 – Gilda (1946) starring Rita Hayworth and Glenn Ford will be playing at the historic Castro Theatre (circa 1922) in San Francisco. Gambler Glenn Ford confronts his passion for ﬁery Rita Hayworth when she comes back into his life as the wife of his twisted boss George Macready. One of the steamiest ﬁlms of the postwar period, Charles Vidor’s direction delivers a palpable tension rare for that era. This is a must to see on the big screen! Don’t miss it! Castro Theatre, 429 Castro St, San Francisco, CA, (415) 621-6120 www.castrotheatre.com
- Dec 13, 2018 – Join the Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood for an encore screening of Auntie Mame (1958)! Rosalind Russell stars as the jet-setting, Park Avenue aunt who suddenly becomes guardian to her young nephew. Free-spirited Mame takes the boy on irreverent escapades through the bohemian 1920s. Dress up for a chance to win a costume contest and all ticket buyers will be eligible to participate in an additional prize drawing. Egyptian Theatre, 6712 Hollywood Blvd, Hollywood, CA 90028 www.americancinemathequecalendar.com/egyptian_theatre_events
- Dec 14, 2018 – Classic movie A Letter to Three Wives (1949) starring Jeanne Crain, Ann Sothern, Linda Darnell and Kirk Douglas will be showing at the Billy Wilder Theater in LA. A Letter to Three Wives is about three socialites from a sleepy suburb who are shaken out of their domestic day-to-day lives when a letter arrives from a fourth socialite to them revealing that she’s about to run away with one of their husbands. Billy Wilder Theater, 10899 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90024 www.cinema.ucla.edu/events
- Dec 14, 2018 – Modern Christmas classic Home Alone (1990) will be playing at the historic Castro Theatre (circa 1922) in San Francisco. Accidentally left behind when his parents rush off on their Christmas vacation, eight-year-old Kevin McCallister (Macaulay Culkin) embarks on a hilarious, madcap mission to defend the family home when two bumbling burglars (Joe Pesci and Daniel Stern) try to break in—and find themselves tangled in Kevin’s bewildering battery of traps! Castro Theatre, 429 Castro St, San Francisco, CA, (415) 621-6120 www.castrotheatre.com
- Dec 14 – 16, 2018 – The Sebastiani Theatre Foundation in association with Silver Moon Theatre presents a live theatre performance of Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol at the historic Sebastiani Theatre (circa 1933).The Spirits of Christmas transform selfishness into generosity and Ebenezer Scrooge discovers joy. Experience this famous story with music, carolers, and holiday festivities! Sebastiani Theatre, 476 1st St East, Sonoma, CA 95476 www.sebastianitheatre.com
- Dec 15, 2018 – Iconic classic film Casablanca (1942) will be playing at the historic Castro Theatre (circa 1922) in San Francisco. Elusive gin joint owner Humphrey Bogart’s world of displaced expats is lit up when old ﬂame Ingrid Bergman re-enters the picture. Steeped in rich, smoky atmosphere, trails of lost love, honor and duty, self-sacriﬁce, and passion collide under Michael Curtiz’s direction. Castro Theatre, 429 Castro St, San Francisco, CA, (415) 621-6120 www.castrotheatre.com
- Dec 15, 2018 – The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938) will be showing at the historic Castro Theatre (circa 1922) in San Francisco. Errol Flynn plays the legendary folk hero who robs from the rich and gives to the poor in this breathtaking Technicolor adventure. The ethereal beauty of Olivia de Havilland, the craven villainy of Basil Rathbone and an Oscar-winning score by Erich Wolfgang Korngold all contributes to the magic of this classic. Claude Rains co-stars and film is directed by Michael Curtiz (Casablanca) and William Keighley. Castro Theatre, 429 Castro St, San Francisco, CA, (415) 621-6120 www.castrotheatre.com
- Dec 16, 2018 – The third Sunday of every month brings us a treat! We’ve got the Long Beach Antiques Market at the Long Beach Veterans Stadium! This market is an absolute must if you’re in the area! They have over 20 acres of antiques, vintage clothing, jewelry and other collectibles at good prices! 4901 E Conant St, Long Beach, CA 90808, (323) 655-5703 www.longbeachantiquemarket.com.
- Dec 16, 2018 – The American Cinematheque’s historic Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood will screen the new digital restoration of Edgar G. Ulmer’s legendary film noir classic Detour (1946). Hitchhiker Tom Neal takes several wrong turns while hitchhiking to Hollywood and, after taking on a dead man’s identity, he’s faced with blackmail by a vixen vagabond, Ann Savage. Ulmer’s daughter Arianne Ulmer Cipes as well as Film Noir Foundation’s Alan K. Rode will introduce the film. Egyptian Theatre, 6712 Hollywood Blvd, Hollywood, CA 90028 www.americancinemathequecalendar.com/egyptian_theatre_events
- Dec 16, 2018 – A Christmas Story (1983) will be showing at the Billy Wilder Theater in LA. Ralphie wants one thing for Christmas…a Red Ryder BB gun. Mounting a full-scale, hint-dropping, Santa-begging campaign in the face of a nasty bully, an overworked department store Santa, and other wintry calamities this is a classic Christmas movie you won’t want to miss on the big screen. Billy Wilder Theater, 10899 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90024 www.cinema.ucla.edu/events
- Every Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday the San Jose Flea Market is the place to be! With 300-500 vendors during the week and 1,000-1,200 vendors during the weekend (offering jewelry, clothing, collectibles, antique comic books, tools, toys, and much more) along with a vintage carousel, mini-ferris wheel, live music and restaurants this treasure hunt is truly like none other! 1590 Berryessa Rd, San Jose, CA 95133 www.sjfm.com.
- Every Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday in Beaumont you’ll find The Beaumont Flea Market. The market offers a variety of items (new, antique, and garage sale types of merchandise) so you may have to search through a lot to get to some vintage items but they are there and the quest is half the fun! 1501 E. 6th St, Beaumont, CA, (909) 542-3322 www.rgcshows.com/Beaumont.
- Every Saturday (with exceptions) is Silverlake Flea. This market offers vintage, home decor, jewelry, vinyls and handmade items just to name a few! 1511 Micheltorena St, Los Angeles, CA 90026 www.silverlakeshop.com.
- Every Saturday of the month brings us Artists & Fleas LA in Venice! This event features “art, design and vintage merchants!” 1010 Abbot Kinney Blvd, Venice, CA 90291 www.artistsandfleas.com.
- Every Sunday Melrose Trading Post “offers a curated, ever-changing array of arts and crafts, vintage fashion, antique furniture, handcrafted artisan goods and one-of-a-kind treasures!” 7850 Melrose Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90046 www.melrosetradingpost.org.
- Most Sundays in San Bernardino you’ll find the San Bernardino Outdoor Market and Swapmeet. Over 500 vendors will be selling anything from antiques to new items and everything in between! You may have to search through a lot to find that vintage treasure but the hunt is part of the fun! National Orange Show Events Center, 689 S E St, San Bernardino, CA 92408 www.rgcshows.com/San-Bernardino.
- Every Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday in the Old Church Shops (upper level) in downtown Estes Park you’ll find Weaving Demonstrations by the Estes Park Area Weavers Guild! This is a unique opportunity to see a working loom from the 1880s, watch skilled weavers work with giant looms to create fabrics, learn the history of weaving cloth and also try your hand at it if you wish! (970) 586-6555 www.visitestespark.com/events/weaving-demonstrations/4339/.
- Every Friday, Saturday and Sunday in Denver you’ll find the Mile High Flea Market…the 80-acre “farmer’s market inside a garage sale inside an amusement park!” Vendors will be featuring anything from antiques and collectibles to new items and everything in between! 7007 E 88th Ave, Henderson, CO 80640 www.milehighfleamarket.com.
- Saturdays and Sundays year round is the Boulevard Flea Market. Vendors bring such a variety here so you’ll find anything from antiques and collectibles to new items and everything in between! You never know what treasures you’re going to find! 500 E.T. Grasso Blvd, New Haven, CT, (203) 772-1447 www.fleact.com.
- Saturdays and Sundays year round you’ll find the Maplewood Indoor Flea Market. They claim to be the largest indoor flea market in Connecticut! Who knows what vintage find awaits you? 458 Danbury Rd, New Milford, CT 06776, (860) 350-0454 www.facebook.com/MaplewoodIndoorFleaMarket/?rf=121130951271725.
- Every Sunday rain or shine is the College Mart Flea Market. They boast being one of Connecticut’s largest indoor/outdoor flea markets with over 150 dealers and at least 900 tables! This market has antiques and collectibles, coins, clothing, accessories, toys, games, sporting goods and even food! There’s something for everyone! Slater Mill, 2 Wedgewood Dr, Jewett City, CT, (860) 376-3935 www.collegemartfleamarket.com.
- Every Sunday from March/April through mid-December (weather permitting) is the Elephant’s Trunk Flea Market! This market has had antique collectors, up-cyclers, treasure hunters and foodies flocking to New Milford since 1976! 490 Danbury Rd, New Milford, CT 06776 www.etflea.com.
- Nov 2018 – End Date Unknown – Downton Abbey: The Exhibition is in West Palm Beach so here’s your chance to get as close as possible to our favorite PBS television show from across the pond! This exhibition “transports you to post-Edwardian England, where the characters and the iconic house come to life. You’ll be immersed in the fascinating social history, culture, and some of the most memorable moments from the show’s six-season run.” City Place, 575 South Rosemary Ave, West Palm Beach, FL, (866) 811-4111 www.downtonexhibition.com.
- Renninger’s Vintage Antique Center Farmer’s & Flea Market is two markets on one 117-acre property that is open every weekend in Mount Dora! They have a couple of large buildings and open air shopping spaces. The vendors range from selling clothing, produce and oddities to high-quality antiques! 20651 US-441, Mount Dora, FL 32757 (352)-383-3141 www.renningers.net/index.php/main-locations/mount-dora/mount-dora-home.
- Dec 15 – 16, 2018 – Randolph St. Holiday Market. This urban antiques market is the place to find a mix of vintage and modern decor, fashion and more! 1340 W Washington Blvd, Chicago, IL (312) 666-1200 www.randolphstreetmarket.com.
- Dec 16, 2018 – Wheaton (Chicago) Illinois Antique Vintage Flea Market. DuPage County Fairgrounds, 2015 Manchester Rd, Wheaton, IL 60187, (715) 526-9769 www.zurkopromotions.com.
- The third full weekend of every month January through December brings us the Belleville Flea Market. This indoor/outdoor market has between 300 and 400 vendors selling anything from antiques and collectibles to newer merchandise. Belle-Clair Fairgrounds, 200 South Belt East, Belleville, IL 62220, (618) 235-0666 www.bcfairgrounds.net.
- Dec 13, 2018 – Join Under the Streetlamp on their holiday tour as they celebrate their new album Hip to the Holidays. This retro band blends tight harmonies and slick dance moves to your favorite old time doo-wop, rock and roll and Motown hits. “The group was founded by leading cast members of the Tony Award-winning Jersey Boys. When their run in that show ended, they formed the band as a musical celebration. The guys have performed in over a dozen shows on Broadway and have performed all over the world.” Don’t miss a chance to hear the sounds of the season with a retro twist! Honeywell Center, 275 W Market St, Wabash, IN 46992 www.underthestreetlamp.com
- Every Wednesday year-round you’ll find the Shipshewana Miscellaneous & Antique Auction in Shipshewana. Six to ten auctioneers will will be simultaneously selling primitives, glassware, furniture, architectural salvage, estate items, as well as many other antiques and collectibles! This is a very exciting event and starts by the sound of the bell at 9:00 a.m. sharp! Be there or be square! Misc. & Antique Auction Building, 345 S Van Buren St, Shipshewana, IN 46565, (260) 768-4129 www.shipshewanatradingplace.com/auctions/misc-antiques/.
- Every Wednesday in Crumpton you’ll find Dixon’s Furniture Auction (or “Crumpton Auction”). This auction company was established in the 1960s and let us tell you…they know what they’re doing! They have multiple auctioneers selling 3-4 auctions simultaneously (and hundreds of items per hour). They move fast! And don’t let the name fool you…it’s not just furniture sold at this auction! The items could be anything from household items to jewelry to small antiques to furniture! Don’t miss it! 2017 Dudley Corners Rd, Crumpton, MD 21628, (410) 928-3006 www.crumptonauctions.com.
- Dec 15, 2018 – Join Under the Streetlamp on their holiday tour as they celebrate their new album Hip to the Holidays. This retro band blends tight harmonies and slick dance moves to your favorite old time doo-wop, rock and roll and Motown hits. “The group was founded by leading cast members of the Tony Award-winning Jersey Boys. When their run in that show ended, they formed the band as a musical celebration. The guys have performed in over a dozen shows on Broadway and have performed all over the world.” Don’t miss a chance to hear the sounds of the season with a retro twist! Mayo Civic Center, 30 Civic Center Dr SE, Rochester, MN 55904 www.underthestreetlamp.com
- Open just four days a month (2nd Thursday through Sunday of each month) don’t miss Vintage Flamingo. This incredible vintage market is packed full of all the best vintage items and decor you could hope for! 2701 14th Ave, Gulfport, MS 39501, (228) 363-0795 www.facebook.com/VintageFlamingoMS.
- Dec 11, 2018 – Join Under the Streetlamp on their holiday tour as they celebrate their new album Hip to the Holidays. This retro band blends tight harmonies and slick dance moves to your favorite old time doo-wop, rock and roll and Motown hits. “The group was founded by leading cast members of the Tony Award-winning Jersey Boys. When their run in that show ended, they formed the band as a musical celebration. The guys have performed in over a dozen shows on Broadway and have performed all over the world.” Don’t miss a chance to hear the sounds of the season with a retro twist! Caesars Circus Maximus Theater, 2100 Pacific Ave, Atlantic City, NJ 08401 www.underthestreetlamp.com
- Every Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday year round you’ll find the Golden Nugget Antique Flea Market. This market has been around for over 50 years and is the place for all things antiques, collectibles and vintage! There’s such an eclectic mix of items like antique furniture, glassware, vinyls, antique lamps, quilts, vintage clothing, toys, jewelry, home decor and much, much more! 1850 River Rd/Route 29, Lambertville, NJ 08530 www.gnflea.com.
- Every Saturday and Sunday year-round (weather permitting) you’ll find the Hell’s Kitchen Flea Market offering a place to shop for antiques and collectibles, vintage clothing, jewelry, home decor, furniture and much, much more! 9th Ave & W 39th St (W 39th St between Ninth Ave & Tenth Ave), New York, NY 10018, (212) 220-0239 www.annexmarkets.com.
- Every Saturday and Sunday, year-round (weather permitting) you’ll find the Chelsea Flea Market with up to 135 vendors selling all the antiques and collectibles, vintage clothing, jewelry, decor and more that your heart could desire! 28 W 25th St (W. 25th St between Sixth Ave & Broadway), New York, NY 10010, (212) 243-5343 www.annexmarkets.com.
- Saturdays and Sundays you’ll find Brooklyn Flea set up with top vendors offering a wide range of antiques and collectibles, vintage clothing, furniture, jewelry, art and crafts and more! Check website for dates/locations: Brooklyn, NY www.brooklynflea.com.
- Every Saturday and Sunday in Williamsburg you’ll find Artists & Fleas! More than 100 sellers every weekend showcase exciting things in “fashion, vintage, art, design and more!” 70 North 7th Brooklyn, Williamsburg, NY www.artistsandfleas.com/williamsburg.
- Every Saturday and Sunday (with exceptions) is the Raleigh Flea Market. There’s something for everyone! 1025 Blue Ridge Road, Raleigh, NC 27607, (919) 899-3532 www.raleighfleamarket.net.
- Dec 14 – 16, 2018 – Don’t Miss On Holiday With Cleveland Flea! Each month they welcome at least 170 vendors and thousands of shoppers “to lesser-known neighborhoods in the city to shop curated vintage, culinary all-stars and the most talented makers in the region.” The Madison, 4601 Payne Ave, Cleveland, OH 44103 www.theclevelandflea.com
- Dec 15 – 16, 2018 – Scott Antique Markets. Ohio Expo Center, 717 East 17th Ave, Columbus, OH 43211 www.scottantiquemarket.com
- Dec 16, 2018 – Anemoia Vintage’s Made + Found Holiday Market will be at the historic Ace Hotel in Pittsburgh. “Made + Found returns for another special holiday market. Set to be the biggest yet, this show features 50 of the region’s most creative vintage and handmade vendors. As always, admission is FREE. Brunch, coffee, and cocktails are available for purchase. Kid and dog friendly.” 120 S Whitfield, Pittsburgh, PA www.acehotel.com/pittsburgh.
- Every Thursday through Sunday is the Bonanza Flea Market. This is one of those flea markets that sells the antiques and collectibles we all love in addition to furniture, jewelry, appliances, outdoor equipment and much, much more! There’s a variety of both new and used items so you may need to do a lot of searching to find your vintage treasure but that’s half the fun! 1048 Bonanza Crossing Rd, Manning, SC 29102, (803) 460-0014 www.facebook.com/BonanzaFleaMarket.
- Dec 14 – 16, 2018 – The Nashville Flea Market – ‘Tis The Season will bring us between 800 and 1200 vendors (from 30 states) set up in approximately 2,000 booths featuring antique furniture, knick knacks, jewelry, specialty foods, boutique clothing and much more! The Fairgrounds Nashville, 625 Smith Ave, Nashville, TN 37203 www.thefairgrounds.com/fleamarket.
- Open Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays year round is the Round Top Vintage Market! This market offers over 12,000 square feet of space filled with antiques, collectibles, vintage and more! 1235 North Hwy 237, Round Top, TX 78954, (281) 731-5132 www.facebook.com/roundtopvintagemarket.
- Every weekend year-round (check website for exceptions) is the Rutland Area Flea Market! This indoor marketplace features not only antiques & collectibles but also work from local artisans and a wide variety of new and used items. There’s something for everyone! 200 West St, Rutland, VT 05701 (802) 770-9104 www.facebook.com/rutlandareafleamarket.
- Dec 15, 2018 – The Sodo Flea Market brings us a careful selection of vintage curators as well as local artists, creators and artisans will be presenting an amazing variety of decor, furniture and apparel, old and new! Rejuvenation, 2910 1st Ave S, Seattle, WA 98134 (206) 496-7005 www.sodoflea.com.
- Every Sunday year round is the Fremont Sunday Market, a European-style street market with up to 200 vendors bringing antiques, collectibles, vintage, retro, original fashion, estate sale treasures, world imports, fun junk and one-of-a-kind pieces from artists/designers! In addition they’ll have street food vendors, gourmet food trucks and music to make a day of shopping absolutely blissful! 3401 Evanston Ave N, Seattle, WA 98103 www.fremontmarket.com.
- Interested in knitting or crocheting? Look no further! Churchmouse Yarns & Teas on Bainbridge Island welcomes all levels with a variety of “open tables,” “drop-in circles,” or full classes! Check schedules on their website for current options. 118 Madrone Ln N, Bainbridge Island, WA 98110, (206) 780-2686 www.churchmouseyarns.com.
- Dec 14, 2018 – Join Under the Streetlamp on their holiday tour as they celebrate their new album Hip to the Holidays. This retro band blends tight harmonies and slick dance moves to your favorite old time doo-wop, rock and roll and Motown hits. “The group was founded by leading cast members of the Tony Award-winning Jersey Boys. When their run in that show ended, they formed the band as a musical celebration. The guys have performed in over a dozen shows on Broadway and have performed all over the world.” Don’t miss a chance to hear the sounds of the season with a retro twist! Performing Arts Center of Wisconsin Rapids, 1801 16th St S, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494 www.underthestreetlamp.com
*NOTE: Call businesses or check their websites to ensure nothing will be affecting their events/hours.
Don’t see your vintage event here? Well, that’s not good! Click HERE to find out how to advertise your event with us! Let Vintage HQ fans from all over know about the next “can’t miss” event in your state!